To support the County in providing value-added services that meet the strategic initiatives and goals by using secure, reliable and proven technologies in a most cost effective and efficient manner while delivering excellence in customer service.
In support of this mission, we will:
- Partner with and understand the information technology needs of user departments, County Commission, County Manager’s office and other elected officials.
- Provide leadership and planning for the effective and strategic use of emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate technical and operational excellence through a commitment to professionalism and continuous improvement.
The Department of Information Technology services will be recognized as a high performance team providing technology excellence that is in alignment with Jefferson County Commission mission and goals.
ITS Commission Liaison: Commissioner Steve Ammons -District 5
The Jefferson County Information Technology Services Department is responsible in providing with Application Development & Support, Infrastructure, Network and Communication Services to County Departments and Elected Officials and to make services provided to the public more accessible. The department provides countywide technology strategic vision, leadership and value added services which facilitate cost effective information collection, processing, and dissemination.
The vision of these technologies and the potential impact to the way the County does business are compelling. As we continually move forward with enterprise level County initiatives such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Program Management, and Data Consolidation; Jefferson County will increasingly become the flagship of technological efficiency in the State of Alabama.
The future is bright for Jefferson County and the customers we diligently support. Please visit the ITS Services section to see how our support is provided.
- Enterprise IT Strategic Plan 2019 - 2022
- Administrative Services
- Application System Development and Support
- Enterprise GIS
- IT Governance
- Technical Infrastructure Operations
If you have any questions about this site, please e-mail Contact_Technical_Support@jccal.org .
Click here for SSL Certificate Installation.
Click here for Jefferson County Information Technology Services Security Policies & Procedures.